EDpuzzle is one of the greatest teacher tools I have discovered in a long time. Really. I wish I could’ve had this for my whole teaching career. Oh, the wondrous things I could have curated by now! EDpuzzle, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
1) You are free!
2) Teachers choose videos and you give simple tools for cropping – so that only the necessary content becomes part of the lesson!
3) You let us set up classes and assign our EDpuzzles to whomever we want in those classes – and track responses!
4) You have a super-simple, user-friendly, easy-to-learn site! I learned to use this site without any YouTube video, screencast, tutorial, or workshop. It was just pretty easy to learn, mostly because of the helpful tips you incorporate into your site and embed along the way! You are SOOOO sweet! Everybody is going to just love you!
5) You allow teachers to insert voice comments while the video pauses – so that they can mention key points, focus students’ attention to something that is coming up, or reflect on something that just happened.
6) You let us teachers insert text comments – allowing, once again, the video to stop for a moment while an important comment is textually highlighted on the screen.
7) You auto-save! You truly and honestly auto-save – and often! (swoon!)
8) This is where I truly, TRULY fell in love: You, darling EDpuzzle, let us create embedded quiz questions throughout the video and track our students’ answers! Multiple choice, open-ended…you let US decide, and for this, I adore you! We teachers just LOVE formative data and setting a purpose for viewing!
9) You let us set due dates – making “the flipped classroom” possible by assigning our videos!
10) Your dashboard is extremely well organized! You make us feel so special when we know where to find things and know how to put everything in its place!
11) You store everything I do. Forever. You just save it in case I ever want it again...sigh….
Here’s a screenshot from my silly little trial EDpuzzle (but I had fun making it!) See the cool on-screen tools?
Okay, here is the real test run for all my blog readers. Please know that I was just being silly and testing EDpuzzle on one of my favorite videos, but you’ll get to see and learn all of the features of this (about 5 minute) EDpuzzle!
PLEASE, PLEASE click on this link to see it in action! https://edpuzzle.com/media/5455234c7ffb209009f9c9cc
If you fall in love with EDpuzzle, too, it’s okay. I’m not the jealous type.
If any of you have anything I should add to this post, please just contact me @kerszi on Twitter, at My Primary Techspiration on Facebook, or at kerszi.wordpress.com.